Friday 4 September 2015

Looking forward to the tapir, sorry, taper.

 
Getting lots of niggles now, including a new and quite unpleasant hip one, which has slowed the Plodville, Arizona pace down to between 10:30 to 11:00 mpm.  Overload City, close to breaking point I think with all the miles, will have gone 150/118 and bits/150 last 3 weeks by Sunday night.  Just 3 days to go, including today, until the 12 day taper starts, and by God, I need it.  Almost grinding to a halt.  This morning, on my 10 miles to work, I actually fell over on tarmac, there was no reason for it, I just tripped over my own feet about 3 miles in, gave my shoulder quite a whack, but no lasting damage done - just very deeply fatigued.
 
Anyway, did the 5 and a bit lunchtime, hip twingeing, got to do 14 and a half home, then two fives tomorrow, then a final 29 long run Sunday, then I come down.
 
12 days on easy street should see me right.
 
I still have the faith.
 
Let's get to Sunday night.
 
Home straight to the taper.

No comments:

Post a Comment